At Last! A True Ductless Ventilation System for your Commercial Kitchen.
Many restaurants use deep fat fryers and griddles for commercial use in their kitchen. If any of these appliances are used, then they will need a ventilation system with an extract canopy to filter out the smoke and particle emissions. A standard ventilation unit ducted to outside air is one method of ventilation control; however, if you are a restaurant owner, you may want to consider a ductless ventilation system such as the Lincat Refresh.
A ductless ventilation system is an alternative for someone who doesn’t want to, or is unable to because of building constraints, go through the hassle of installing a traditional ventilation system. The key advantage to the ductless ventilation system is that it requires no ductwork installation. The system itself has an air filtering system that cleans the emissions and recycles the air back into the room – instead of exhausting out of the building and into the atmosphere.
The robust and powerful Lincat Refresh units are truly unique. Available for use with electric appliances, they require no ductwork to the outside, but work by recirculating the air back into the kitchen after the extracted air has passed through a unique four-stage filtration process.
As the units are all-in-one, there is minimal installation required. The simple electrical system only requires a 13 amp plug (2 plugs for the REF150). The Refresh eradicates the necessity to install an air duct to the ceiling of your restaurant. It is also particularly useful when your appliances that have a need for it are not actually sited by an exterior wall. The ventilation system is portable and can be moved from location to location without any installation required.
Refresh is designed for use where venting to the atmosphere is impossible, difficult or costly. Examples could include
- Listed buildings and conservation areas
- Basement kitchens
- Office blocks with limited access for ventilation
- Where ventilation systems would otherwise need to go through a firebreak (and therefore increase fire risk)
- Concession areas within airports, train stations and concourses
- Buildings with restricted planning consent
- To increase capacity or help with menu changes, which call for additional equipment in existing kitchens
The Lincat Refresh units are available in three sizes, to accommodate appliances up to 500mm wide, 1000mm wide and 1500mm wide.
At last we have a solution which provides a decent working environment for your staff, efficient ventilation for the equipment and you can buy this from your equipment supplier – so you are just dealing with one person for the whole design solution. An affordable modular design which avoids expensive ductwork.
Points to Note:
- Suitable for use with electric catering equipment only (the units will not remove products of combustion such as CO or CO2 from the recycled air)
- Recirculating units do not include equipment to reduce extracted air temperatures. This may be of benefit in cold weather but consideration should be given to the provision of cooling within the kitchen space when warmer conditions prevail
- Refresh units need no direct duct connection to atmosphere; however we suggest a small amount of background extract ventilation should be provided to create at least 10-15 air changes per hour. Most existing kitchens will already have background ventilation in place
- With the exception of the stainless steel baffle filter (which will only need replacing due to accidental damage), the other stages of filtration will require replacing once they have reached capacity. The frequency of filter changes will depend on the intensity and type of cooking. If a filter change is needed this can be determined easily by visual inspection as part of general maintenance checks. The stainless steel baffle filters (which provide the first level of filtration) should be washed in a dishwasher once per week, whilst this filter is removed, a visual inspection of the panel filter can take place, this filter will need replacing more often than the final two stages of HEPA and Carbon filtration.
Lincat Refresh ventilation units come with a two year warranty and are usually available within one week of placing the order. To download the Refresh brochure click here. The Lincat Refresh range of self contained ductless ventilation canopies are available from www.busychef.co.uk. For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the Busychef sales team free on 0500 008075
The post At Last! A True Ductless Ventilation System for your Commercial Kitchen. appeared first on BusyChef - Blog.
- busyCHEF Blog